Thursday, April 3, 2014

Springtime in Hebei (河北春天; Héběi Chūntiān)



Last week I received comments from some readers who said that they wanted to read more stories about my daily life.  As requested, I’ve began putting together a list of some common activities and the adjustments I had to make given the difference in culture.  This includes a guide to both shopping and eating.  So look for those blogs to come in the following weeks.  If you would like to suggest a topic for me to write about then leave a comment below.

As for this week’s blog post, I’ve decided to do another photo album blog.  The theme of this week is titled, “Springtime in Hebei.”  It has been fairly warm these past few weeks and the flowers have been in full bloom.  So enjoy these photos I took of the local scenery:

Here is this week’s Chinese lesson:
“Spring” (Chinese: 春天; pinyin: chūntiān) 

“Spring has come and the fragrances of flowers are everywhere.”
(Chinese: 春天来了,到处是花儿的芬芳; pinyin: chūntiān láile, dàochù shì huār de fēnfāng)

“Flower” (Chinese: ; pinyin: huā)
“Flowers” (Chinese: 花朵; pinyin: huāduǒ)

“Flowers are blooming everywhere in the park.”
(Chinese: 公园里到处都是盛开的花朵; pinyin: gōngyuán lǐ dàochù dōu shì shèngkāi de huāduǒ)
























































1 comment:

  1. Wow, Spring is there! I love all the beautiful colors. We are still rather cold and Spring is being evasive. Enjoy yourself and drink in all the beauty. Thank you for sharing all of these gorgeous pics.

    ReplyDelete